"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Drink of the Moment, Birthday Edition: Jay's Birthday Chocolate Cake Martini

Yay, it's Jay's birthday this week(end), and that means cake for everyone!  There isn't much that I like more than cake, though a good soup runs a close second.  Cake and soup, soup and cake ... it makes me smile just thinking about them.  Not everyone has the same affinity for a hearty slice of cake though, even if it is their birthday.  It is in this area that I suppose Jay and I balance each other out a bit- otherwise I might have a fairly poor diet going on.  So, what do you do when the birthday boy isn't anxiously looking forward to acquiring a whole cake of his own?  Well, I say you build an idea on a tried and true favorite and turn that into the best hybrid birthday cake a guy (or girl) could ask for.  In the past I have used things like stacked brownies, etc, but this year it's all about the birthday cake cocktail.  I know Jay is already a convert, and I don't think any guests joining in the celebration will miss the traditional cake one bit either.  Even better, since there isn't just one big cake to share, everyone gets a say in what kind of cake they want to drink and I'll be sharing a few of varieties with you over the next day or so.  On a side note, all of these are made with Three Olives 'Cake' vodka, which I highly recommend acquiring if it's not already in your arsenal.  Seriously, you are missing out on life if you don't try it.  So on that note, cake for everyone - starting with Jay's first chocolate cake martini.  In his own words, after finishing in record speed  ... "It's tasty!"




Chocolate Cake Martini

1oz Three Olive Cake Vodka
1oz Godiva Chocolate liquer
1oz Bailey's
German Chocolate Whipahol
Godiva Hot Chocolate Mix

Place first 3 ingredients in shaker filled with ice.  Shake vigorously.  Pour into glass, and top with German Chocolate Whipahol; sprinkle with hot chocolate mix. Enjoy!



If you like what you see, let me know!  Also, don't forget to click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to make sure you have a drink for every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment