"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Drink of the Moment: Jameson in June





Look at this - TWO posts in the same week!  It's a flippin miracle, and it's been waaay too long since my last 'Drink of the Moment'.  Last weekend being Jay's birthday weekend, I mixed up a lovely little sumthin sumthin with his favorite joy juice, Jameson.  So, on that note, I bring you the very special treat of what I'm calling 'Jameson in June'.


Now I am  not typically a huge Jameson fan unless I'm in the throws of a severe winter cold (when it does wonders mixed with warm lemon juice and honey), but I know a LOT of Jameson fans who don't need a reason or a mixer to enjoy a nip every now and then.  This little concoction is by no means a replacement for the slow sipping of a whiskey on the rocks or the late night shot (or two), but it is a surprisingly refreshing and tasty alternative for those who were already fans looking to mix it up a little, AND those of us who were just waiting for a reason to become a fan.  To top if off, it's super easy to make.


Jameson in June
                                                                                  
2 oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
4 oz Apple Juice (I used Simply Apple)                  
Splash of St Germaine (or elderflower cordial)
Splash of lemon juice

Pour all ingredients into glass, stir, and serve over ice.  Garnish with mint sprig.

The best part about this little gem, is that it's already gotten me thinking about what I'm going to do with it for a winter version.  Jameson in January anyone?  Until then, what are you waiting for?  Go ahead and get your new June juice on!

No comments:

Post a Comment