"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Holidays in Cambodia


"It's a holiday in Cambodia
It's tough kid, but it's a life
It's a holiday in Cambodia
Don't forget to pack a wife"
-The Dead Kennedys-




Thanks to a pretty severe mess upheaval catastrophe snafu of monstrous proportions change in my work environment paired with the busiest season of the year, you might have noticed that I've been pretty absent on here for the past few weeks or so.  While I won't bore you with the details now, I don't see this work thing clearing up any time soon so I might actually explode become institutionalized literally break into tiny pieces find myself in some situations which could provide for a pretty good read if things keep up.  


While I might feel a bit like I'm having a figurative holiday in Cambodia in the worst sense, one of my cousins, Aliesje, is once again off on a world adventure to the real Cambodia, and has decided to share her experiences in a new blog.  Some of you may remember hearing about her trek through the wilds of Africa in Malawi, where she scared little children with her pallid complexion yet unending need to help (thus scaring them more).  Now she is off again to strike further fear in the hearts of unsuspecting bystanders (apparently from this first post through her softball sized feet and unfortunate dry shampooed hair).  Though she refers to it as helping with women's law, juvenile justice, and assisting victims of the Khmer Rouge, I know she's really just secretly trying to take over the world.  So, if you're looking for some interesting summer reading about traveling to exotic places while you yourself are sitting in your back yard with your feet in a wading pool and your hand around a beer can with a cocktail umbrella and soggy piece of fruit perched on the edge; or if you're stuck in a crap shoot like me and just need some serious perspective then maybe you can consider giving her a visit here, at: Le Cambodge Summer!  I guarantee your slums won't have quite as much soul.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment