"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Friday, October 21, 2011

Drink of the Moment: In a Pickle

This week, I had been working on a lovely little spiced pear beverage for the 'Drink of the Moment' to kick off the fall season.  As life would have it though, I couldn't seem to get the pear drink tweaked *just* right, and found myself in a bit of a pickle.  Musing on what direction I should go in next, I ended up hitting that proverbial wall.  Of course, what's the best thing to do when you hit a wall like this?  Hit the liquor store, of course!



Although I'm unfortunately still on a quest to find the whole pear thing I was looking for at the store, I did find something else that certainly caught my eye.  As things would have it, there was a tasting in the good ole Va ABC this evening, and thanks to this good fortune, I am able to share with you the 'Naked Jay Dirty Pickle Martini'.  Yes folks, you heard me.  There is now a dill pickle flavored vodka, and not only is it great for all of your double entendre needs, but it is made right up the road  from me in Reston, VA, and is SHOCKINGLY good.  As in, I can actually drink it straight.  (Hey, don't judge).  On top of that, it's exceptionally well priced at $14.95/750mL bottle compared to the Stoli Gold that is my go-to, and it seems that even those that are less than thrilled to try it (namely Jay, who I think only gave it a go based on the name of the brand) turn out to like it.  So, what are you waiting for?  Go grab yourself some of this most fantastic pickle flavored vodka, and make yourself a drink out of what is sure to the the next 'BIG DILL'!! (I really kill myself sometimes).


'The Dirty Pickle Martini'

2 oz Naked Jay Dill Pickle vodka
1/2 oz dry vermouth (I used my gold standard 'Noilly Pratt')
1/4 oz olive juice

Combine in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously.  Pour into glass and garnish with a dill pickle slice.

Can't find this vodka in your local store?  Check out the website by clicking here to find out where to buy, or let them know that your regular store is sorely lacking!


****************************************************************
If you like what you see, let me know!  Just click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to make sure you have a drink for every moment.

1 comment:

  1. I particularly like the pickle slice. A good garnish cannot be overstated.

    ReplyDelete