"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Drink of the Moment: Thanksgiving 2011 Spiced Pear Perfection



Thanksgiving is only four days away, and thank goodness because I can't wait to have a legit reason to enjoy a few of what I have decided will be my signature Thanksgiving cocktail this year.  You may remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that I was trying to sort out a spiced pear cocktail for the fall (you can revisit that previous 'Drink of the Moment' post here if you'd like), but was not having much luck finding perfection.  As things would often have it, it turns out that I was looking too hard to find something that was right in front of my face the whole time, and in this particular case the simplicity of it's perfection is almost shocking.  The flavors should prove to be quite complimentary with the traditional Thanksgiving meal, and the 80 proof should assist in successfully surviving a houseful of family members.

Spiced Pear Perfection

1 part Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
3 parts Pear Juice
Dash of ground cinnamon (I used Saigon Cinnamon)
Dash of ground nutmeg
Dash of ground cloves

Pour rum into your selected glass (I used a martini glass for a better photo, but would recommend a highball glass or the like).  Shake in spices to your taste - if you don't have each of these spices separately, you might give pumpkin pie spice a whirl.  Top with pear juice.  Garnish with a cinnamon stick or if you're feeling exceptionally motivated, rim with a cinnamon sugar mix.


Happy Thanksgiving!

**********************************************************************************

If you like what you see, let me know!  Just click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to make sure you have a drink for every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment