"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Might Just Become a Bag Lady Afterall

Do you know those days that are kind of give you that crappy 'beige' feeling?  You know, like nothing is going exceptionally bad (or necessarily even going at all), but nothing is really going good either ... stagnant, blah, ... generally just a boring crappy beige like this ...

  
... combined with a little of Paula Deen's Snuggie-licious crappy beige sweater.


Really Paula Deen, this is what you choose to wear on national television with all of the money you make?!?! 


Today being a Thursday (as opposed to say and Monday or Tuesday), I should have been feeling fairly uplifted with the weekend on its way, food in the fridge, and the good fortune of not having to wake up and cope with male pattern baldness on a daily basis (sorry guys).  You'd think just that last little thought alone would be enough to carry me through more than a boring Thursday, but alas, I am me, and there is no stopping the unending mysteries that create my state-of-mind at any given moment.   For me, today was mostly mediocre, slightly boring beige ... that is until I received an unexpected, fairly large-sized package on my front porch taped all over with important-looking 'Stop' signs boldly warning me to check the contents before signing a receipt if the box seal was broken. Ah, the mystery, the intrigue, the ... danger?  Whatever it was, it was bye bye to my crappy beige day!  Imagine my surprise when I made my way through all of that threatening tape to find this!



Yes-siree-Bob, that is exactly what it looks like - a surprise gift through my Vogue Influencers Network from the Brahmin Spring 2012 collection!  Yay!  Let's open it further, shall we?

Brahmin Glossy Medium Arno Tote, in the flesh.
OMG!!  (Well, that's what it was like when I opened it anyway).  Glistening in the overhead light, was this amazing perfectly sized hybrid tote/purse from the Brahmin 'Glossy' Collection. 

Now I've never been a real 'bag lady' like some, but I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the previous Brahmin collections that I've seen through my Vogue Network (if you've missed them, or you just want to gaze longingly at them again, you can revisit them here, here, here, & here).  At this moment, I might just do a dance and become a bag lady afterall - especially since I want the matching wallet, wristlet, and key ring now.  I am sooo all about this bag that it's not even funny.  It has fragranced my entire den with the warm smell of new leather (I wish there was a virtual scratch-and-sniff to share here), and is meticulously crafted to combine exquisite detail with probably the most practicality I've ever had in a handbag.  Soooo, if you were ever teetering on the verge of a purchase after ogling over the new Brahmin collections as they popped up in print ads, department stores, or, of course, my blog; I can say personally at this point that you will not be disappointed in your investment.  Quite the contrary, you will want to trade it all in and become a bag lady with me.  You can start picking out yours right away at Brahmin.com!



If you like what you see, join in!  Just click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to keep up with Vogue fashion exclusives, new product launches, events, beauty reviews and more.  See it first, hear it first, know it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment