"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All Dolled Up: Lancome Hypnose Doll Lash Mascara



All 'dolled up' for this promo pic.  Slightly creepy, no?

Who doesn't love trying out a new mascara?  It can be just enough of a change to satisfy that quest for a little something different without a whole lot of commitment.  If you really go to extremes (think big fake lashes, metallics, or even white) then it can really change your entire look.  If you ask me, a person's lashes can say a lot about their personality too -- natural, sophisticated, va-va-voom, etc.


Me personally, I typically prefer the most dramatic, 'ka-pow' type lash that I can get without looking like I'm ready for a drag show.  For this reason, I was pretty excited about getting to sample the new Lancome Hypnose Doll Lash mascara through the Vogue Influencers Network.  Lancome has long been known for their mascaras, and this one is supposed to give you that much desired, fake perfect, long, fanned, curled, wide-eyed effect without actually being fake.  Though I currently have a favorite go-to mascara that I am thrilled with, I figured that this one could give it a run for it's money if anything could.  So, let's take a look at the outcome, shall we?  


For comparison, here is the 'before' shot; sans mascara (or any other eye makeup for that matter).


And now, the 'after' shot.  Several coats top and bottom.  Not bad, eh?


Here's a look from a different angle.  Anywhere near looking like a doll?


And now the entire look with mascara, liner, and shadow - hopefully not quite as creepy as the ad above.



What do you think?  Am I ready to take my place in the mascara ad with those lashes?  I will say I was a bit surprised by the results myself, as I wasn't expecting such a noticeable difference.  I should also say that this is not a mascara that goes on boldly, but one that offers a buildable application in order to arrive at your desired intensity.  Of course, with multiple coats, comes the higher likelihood of smudging, or hitting your lid with the wand, so I would say this is not necessarily for the first-time user.  I also had no flaking or noticeable smudging with wear throughout the day.


 Now that you've seen the outcome, read about the application, and are ready to go out and buy yourself a new tube of eyelashes I should remind you that everyone's eyelashes are different, and you can only work what you've got the best you can.  If you don't have much in the eyelash department to work with in the first place, then this may not be the mascara for you.  Likewise, if you prefer a more natural look, then by all means take heed.  If you're into big, bold eye fringe like me though, then maybe you'll want to give this new Lancome Hypnose Doll Lash mascara a try.


You can pick up your tube at a Lancome counter near you, or by clicking here to visit Lancome online. 



********************************************************************
If you like what you see, let me know!  Why not click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to keep up with all of my upcoming product reviews and more?

No comments:

Post a Comment