"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today I Learned ...







Today, I learned that one should move outside, or to the nearest doorway during an earthquake.  I had no idea.  I also learned that earthquakes might sound like a giant unbalanced dryer shaking the entire house, or an evil alien invasion and they can most certainly happen on the east coast of the US.  Who knew?  Lastly, I learned that I don't think I could deal with this as a 'regular occurrence' without wearing adult diapers, and probably would not do well living on the west coast or in parts of the Pacific without having some sort of head trauma.  I do, however, now understand why California has had no problems finding supporters to legalize marijuana.


Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of "Today I Learned" when I might have the exciting opportunity to tell you what new and amazing things I learn about hurricane preparedness from Irene's impending visit.  Ha!  And who said I wasn't an outdoorsy kind of person?   Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment