"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Friday, January 27, 2012

Drink of the Moment: Oatmeal Cookies and Cream


Not so long ago, I was 'challenged' to take a shooter that sounded pretty yummy, but honestly looked like it could have been day old puke, and turn it into something pretty and girly.  Never one to back down from a challenge in the drink department, I took to work and tried out a few different variations on the theme.  So, to my boozy buddy out there (you know who you are) looking for a tiny corner of soothing girly solace from this big, bad, ugly world; THIS is for you.



  • Oatmeal Cookies and Cream

  • 1 ounce Buttershots butterscotch schnapps
  • 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream 
  • 1 ounce Jagermeister 
  • 1 ounce Goldschlager
  • 1/2 - 1 ounce warm milk or heavy cream
  • Dash of cinnamon

Warm milk or heavy cream and froth with an milk frother.  Pour first four ingredients at room temperature in a glass or mug of your choice, mix slightly with a spoon or stirrer.  Top with frothed milk/heavy cream, and a dash of cinnamon.

Note:  You can use more or less of the milk/cream, but I found that the more milk/cream used, the more it diluted the oatmeal cookie taste.  Also, the heavy cream (though caloric) was, of course, way better and kept the oatmeal flavor better than my skim milk.  If you're counting calories, maybe a half and half or 2 percent milk would be a good option.       


On a side note, if you're looking for something a little less warm and fuzzy, but still think the whole oatmeal idea sounds like a winner (in which case, you'd be correct), then maybe you'll feel a little more at home with my alternate version of this dreamy drink.



Basically you just take all of the ingredients except for the milk, and stir them in a shaker over ice  .. or not (you can actually just pour them directly into the glass over ice if you get lazier by the drink like I do), and top or rim the glass with the cinnamon.  I also played around a little with the flavors, going a little heavier on a flavor or two that I'm particularly fond of (which I'd highly recommend, especially if you're a fan of Buttershots).  I've decided to call it the 'Lazy Oatmeal Cookie'.  Enjoy!! 



If you like what you see, let me know!  Just click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to make sure you have a drink for every moment.

1 comment:

  1. I once got deathly ill on Goldschlager years ago going shot for shot w/ some friend of Billy's b/c I wanted to get my fair share. lol

    ReplyDelete