"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trying to Find the Fries



After a nice, leisurely three-day weekend of packing up the last of the Christmas decorations (yes, I am habitually slow at getting around to house-oriented chores if you hadn't already picked up on that from this post here), and spending some time at the Cinebistro for a fantastic dinner & movie with my favorite five-year fiancĂ© (make that habitually slow about getting around to a lot of things),  it seems as though it's back to work today.  Well, unless we're talking about the stove (which is still not working since Christmas) or the hot water heater (which decided that 2012 was just not going to be it's year to work either), or my lower back (which is independently on strike from cooperating with the rest of my body).  Not that I'll be able to cook, shower, or move around anytime soon anyway with the deluge of files that are sitting in my work inbox still waiting for attention from two weeks ago.  All things considered though, somehow none of it is really bothering me, and I'm in a pretty good mood.  I suppose that actually might make me more like that simple, oblivious, happy little bird than I thought.  Now all I have to do is find my french fry ... or perhaps in hind sight, I just provided one for myself.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Now I want french fries. And for you to get around to coming to visit me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there tomorrow for a hot shower ... super-sized french fries in hand! Haha

      Delete