"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Monday, January 23, 2012

"My Special Dog Murray"

Here is a little smile that Jay shared with me a few days ago.  Though Murray isn't my own dog, I think that each of us can probably see a little bit of Murray, and also his owner, in ourselves.  It's such a great group of photos with a heartwarming story that brings a warm fuzzy giggle, and a great reminder that a little belief in someone, including ourselves, can make all the difference in the world.


(NOTE: Because the captions were being cut off of the original slide show on Tumblr, I've reformatted the original post to be seen here in its entirety.  I've also included the original slideshow as well though, for those of you that may be interested).   



Meet Murray ...
This is Murray when he was just a little pup.


His proud face ...
This is what Murray looks like now.


When he was just a little guy, he was brought into the vet's clinic I work at with major head injuries due to being attacked by another dog.  Luckily, he survived despite what we thought.

His owners abandoned him at our clinic, so after weeks without hearing from them ...

My family and I invited him into our home to live with us and the rest of our animals.

He is one fantastic dog.


He lays like this quite often.

He developed an underbite and a crooked nose due to his severe head injuries when he was a little pup.



His blissful face ...




His badass face ... 







No comments:

Post a Comment