"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain: Way to Glow!



Just got my latest free sample product from the Sephora Hot Now list courtesy of the Vogue Network, and I love it!  Seriously, this new Aura blush from Hourglass makes me happy.  I received the 'Petal' shade (a peachy pink, though it also comes in a plum shade and more blue-pink shade too), and am now totally ready to rock this spring's pretty blush trend.  It makes you look great in seconds flat, is portable, and is so super versatile that it makes me wonder why I didn't know about this until now.

The formula, which is termed a 'stain', is a fabulously lightweight sheer gel/cream hybrid with a gorgeous sheen to it.  Besides this shade itself being a wonderful wake-up for winter skin, the sheen imparts what looks like a wonderfully natural glow.  Depending on how much you apply, it can go from a sheer wash of color for day to a more intense, dramatic hue for evening and beyond.




There's not much to explain in the way of application because it's as easy as twisting the bottom a few clicks and then smoothing on this great gel/cream "stain" that appears on the fabric applicator - a huge change for me instead of using a powder blush with a separate brush.



Once on,  you can blend down the edges with your fingertips a little if you need to, but if you're using a light application you probably don't even need to do that.  On top of the simple, one-step application to your cheeks, you can use this on your lids and also dab some on your lips for a subtle healthy glow on those days you don't have time to (or don't want to) make much fuss over your makeup.  Below, is an example of how using the cheek stain for an all-over color wash works.  (Keep in mind that my uber-fair complexion usually looks completely washed out without any outside help).

Light application on cheeks & eyelids
Heavier application on cheeks, lips & eyelids


This complete look was accomplished in almost no time flat using only a little foundation, the Hourglass Aura Cheek Stain in 'Petal', Buxom Smoky Eye Stick in 'Black Pistol' (still rockin it!), and some mascara.  Pretty cool for a natural look, no?  I don't know about you, but I'll take anything that helps me out this much in a matter of seconds.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really nice color. I gotta swatch all 3 of those colors when I go to sephora when day

    ReplyDelete