"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sephora by OPI Nail Colour, 'Slushied' from the Limited Edition Glee Collection




I just received the first item off of the March Sephora Hot Now list - a full-sized sample bottle of Sephora by OPI 'Slushied' nail polish from the new Glee Collection, courtesy of Sephora and Vogue, and couldn't wait to try it out.  Although I usually prefer more of a non-traditional shade on my nails, I was a little skeptical that this one was going to be 'age-appropriate' for me.  Well, maybe some would say that it isn't, but now that I have it on, I think I REALLY like the way it looks!  What do you think, love it or hate it? (Be honest).




For me, it just seems like such a happy color.  It puts me in mind of the warmer weather that I know (fingers crossed) is on its way, and it's a big change from the Chanel 'Black Pearl' that I've been wearing for the past month.  I really can't wait to try it out on my toes with a great pair of summer sandals (and maybe a beach).

Although I can't speak to how it wears, I'm sure if it is anything like the other OPI colors, then it should be quite resilient with the appropriate top coat, and care.  The picture above is using just one coat over a base coat (I couldn't wait for another coat to dry), so I'm sure it only looks better from there.  The other shades in the limited edition collection look like they are pretty fun and ready for spring as well.  If you're interested, you can check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment