"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Turning Heads at Salon 604

Today I was very lucky to have been able to participate in a shoot for a new website for Salon 604.  While it was personally flattering to have had my little noggin requested for showcase in the new site, it really wasn't so much about my head, as much as it was about the person (and place) that gives me the good hair that happens to be showcased on my head.  Though Salon 604 is a relatively new salon in the area, I have been making regular visits to my favorite stylist, Vildan Ocalan, for about the past six or seven years now and was even driving from Washington, DC back to Richmond, VA for a time just to get Vildan to do my hair.  (Living in DC, I was constantly getting stopped and asked who did my hair, and saw that alone as a reason to make the drive).  Vildan is a wonderfully gifted stylist,  and is always giving me great hair that never fails to get the right kind of attention.  More importantly, she is an equally wonderful person that immediately puts you at ease and makes you feel at home in her chair.  After following her through several interesting salon incarnations,  she and a group of stylists with similar values - Cindy Som, Leila Rowe, & Nadia Baramki have established their own personal niche by opening Salon 604 (formerly known as Salon Bleu) in May 2010.

With so much going on for today's shoot I almost forgot to snap some shots to share, but did end up with a few.  I'll be sharing the link to the professional shots on the website once it's done, but until then I hope you enjoy the preview below.  If you live in the Richmond area and are looking for some great hair, don't hesitate to give them a call at: 804-353-0933!





Doesn't she do a great job?!?!

5 comments:

  1. You look GREAT! I love that style on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E! I seriously don't know what I'd do w/ my hair if it weren't for Vildan, she's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and the hair is great. But do the bangs bug you like that? I haven't had bangs since 10th grade but I think that would drive me crazy.

    Your skin is absolutely luminous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elisa! The bangs don't bother me at all as long as I keep them trimmed and out of my eyes, though I'm not sure I'll feel the same once the summer rolls around. No one likes to have a built in sweat band stuck to their forehead... eww. Oh, and the skin is bottled and for sale at a local cosmetics counter near you (or online). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG they closed :(. I can't find Sam and trust no others. Do you know where they moved to??

    ReplyDelete