"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Drink of the Moment: The Pah-Rum-Pah-Pum-POW

Don't you just love my Secret Santa and all of his to-die-for holiday beverages?!?  I know it really made my Christmas that much more spirited and magical to have all of those little gifties sprinkled throughout the past few days.  If you missed any of them, you can check them out (or re-visit them) by clicking here, here, and here.


Because I couldn't let the holidays pass without sharing one last Drink of the Moment with you for the year, I came up with an extra special one to send us into 2012.  Except to say that this isn't technically a drink, but instead a layered spirited trifle kind of dessert shooter, the name really does all the rest of the talking.  Now you can't say that I had no gift to give.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!




The Pah-Rum-Pah-Pum-POW   
Poundcake
Gingerbread (Cookie) Ice Cream
Kahlua, regular or cinnamon and spice
Bailey's Irish Cream
German Chocolate Whip-a-hol, or Chocolate Cool-Whip
Ground Cinnamon
Ginger Crisp Cookie


Cube pound cake to fit into the bottom of your serving dish.  

Scoop Gingerbread ice cream on top of pound cake.  (I used Homestead Creamery Gingerbread Cookie ice cream ... yum). 

Pour Kahlua (I used Cinnamon Spice Kahlua) & Bailey's Irish Cream over your ice cream topped pound cake.

Top with German Chocolate Whip-a-hol (obviously my choice), or chocolate Cool-Whip, and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Garnish with Ginger Crisp cookie as seen in picture above.


If you like what you see, let me know!  Just click the 'Join This Site' button at the top right of the homepage to make sure you have a drink for every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment