"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Friday, April 1, 2011

Drink of the Moment: VCU Three Point Shooter

So tomorrow's the big game, and I know there are going to be a LOT of big parties here in the RIC.  Since I'm planning on having a houseful myself, I figured I should come up with a little hometown school "spirit" to get everyone in gear to celebrate as the VCU RAMS cream take on Butler tomorrow.  As some of you know from 'My Favorite Five: March' post, I was already feeling a little inspired by my school's rise to the top, so this week's 'Drink of the Moment' couldn't be anything but Black and Yellow Baby!



VCU Three Point Shooter


1 part Creme de Banana
1 part Cruzan Black Strap Rum
1/2 to 1 part Rumchata


Slowly pour each of the above into your preferred serving glass in the order listed above.   Take care not to disturb the previous layer by using a spoon or layering tool to create 3 distinct layers.  Drink as you deem appropriate throughout the game. 


So the drink in the picture came out a little less than perfect, and it's apparent that I really need to pick up some appropriate barware, but in the interest of time, I decided to forego perfection and share the love.  Gooooooooo  RAMS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment