"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have". - Frederick Koenig

Friday, April 29, 2011

Monument Avenue Easter on Parade 2011

Wow, have I ever slacked off on the writing this week!  I feel like I've been alternating between feeling swamped, exhausted, and lazy.  Who knows which, if any of those, are actually valid excuses for not posting anything.  I suppose after all of the activity last weekend though, even the Easter bunny needs a break.  Whatever the case may be, I'm finally posting some pictures from Easter last weekend that were intended to go up well before now.  Though almost a full week late, here are some of my favorite shots from the Monument Avenue Easter on Parade 2011.


Our 'Family Portrait'.

Olivia in her 'Easter Egg' cooling vest - it was 87 degrees!

'Cousin' Berkley in his Easter bandana.

Everyone has to have a festive Easter bonnet!  I wonder if they won the contest?


Olivia meeting the 'Helping Hands' dogs.


Festive dancers.

My Aunt Linda with her dog Berkley.


Me and Olivia taking a break in the shade.


Nicolas really likes corn dogs.


Another Easter bonnet.


Nicolas, me, and Jeff - this pic was too good to leave out.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment